Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mountain Climbing With God

Mountain Climbing with God


I was talking to God this morning and reading His Word. As I was reading….I got concerned about something…see I loved what I was reading. I felt so thirsty for the words in my soul.
I wanted every word to be captured in my heart and not forgotten.

When I was younger, in my 20’s and even in my early 30’s, I easily remember anything and everything.
Just that simple. But sometime in my late 30’s, I noticed I was forgetting things…simple things. Like why I went to a particular room in the house. What was it I wanted out of the refrigerator. An even more funnier one is, why was I in the bathroom! It frustrated me and still does. I am now 41. I feel like my brain is turning to squish sometimes. I don’t know if it is age or life just wearing the brain down or that for 41 years I have been using my brain and it is just tired. Who knows. This may sound silly but I pray for my brain.

In the Bible there is are scriptures that tells us, to hide the Word in your heart….to remember the commandments and to teach them to your children and write them on your door posts. There are many scriptures that tell you in the Bible about learning and remembering what you learn. I was wondering….Concerning the things of God, is the remembering from the heart or the brain. I think I will pray for both from now on.

I really want to remember the things I learn about God that are good for my life. I really want to know Him personally. I don’t want to forget. I want everything about my God to be in my life and about my life. Inside and out.

So I asked him this morning to help me keep what I read in His Word and what I learn about him, stirring in me, in my heart, my mind and my spirit.

Some scriptures I was reading this morning, stirred a memory of something my husband said to me a few days ago.

David said, that problems in life are like mountains. After you climb that mountain and solve that problem, there will be another mountain with a problem. We have to climb the mountain to solve the problem. We are to overcome, learn and grow from them. Then we have the valley for rest and peace. But there will be another mountain with another problem. He told me, that is what life is like.

Well, this entered me deeply. I thought on it for a few days. See, I really like the mountains a lot. I live in them, around them. I love to look at them. They are beautiful, majestic, I get good feelings when I look at them. There are so many sizes and shapes too. I was thinking about that. About the sizes and shapes. Mountains can represent problems in our life, even in their sizes and shapes.

But I know too, they represent so much more.

I thought of the mountain climbers. Those that climb them as a hobby. Have you ever seen a picture of a climber on a mountain? I saw one once, where the climber was barely hanging on, but looked very secure at the same time. He didn't have a fearful expression. He looked determined and challenged and sure of the next step. He was looking up, not down.

I think of those climbers, the work involved, the tools that are needed, the wisdom of knowing where to step next, where the dangerous areas are, the unsafe places to put their feet and hands next. They know these things.
They have endurance to keep going and to reach the top. They are dressed and equipped, ready for their climb.
They get to the top and feel exhilarated, exhausted, triumphant, and they know they can fully rest. At the top, it is then they can look around at all that surrounds them. Those things they did not see as they focused on the hard climb up the mountain. If they had looked around as they climbed, if they took their eyes off of the climb, if they became distracted even a little, it could mean falling, getting hurt badly or death. Once they are at the top, that problem is over. They can look around and feel the joy of their accomplishment. Soak in the peace and wonder and rest.

I get that. That is an example of life.

There is a spiritual side to all that. Well really, was there ever not one?

If you belong to God. Everything within you is stronger. The purpose of your life is directed personally for you by Him.

He gives you the strength and endurance, the will to continue on and show you the dangerous places that could cause a fall. He gives you the safe places. He is the author of Peace, rest and contentment and He freely gives it to us. There is nothing we can work at to achieve those things outwardly. They come from the inside of you.
He opens the eyes of our hearts to see His beauty in all things in and around our lives.
I thank God for that. His ways are perfect, without flaw, true and faithful. Full of love and compassion. Special just for you. There is strength in His hand. You are held in the palm of His hand and no one can snatch you away from Him. Nothing can separate you from His love for you. God has given us promises that He is our help. He is everything we need. We can trust Him and lean on Him. We can overcome this mountain and be sure of the rest from Him. We can trust Him with the next mountain as well.

I think what I will do from now on, is look at my mountains differently. I will continue to see it’s beauty and awe, but I will know that it is a hard journey up that mountain, No matter the size and shape. I will seek God for help to get through my problem, to learn from it and to ask Him to show me the rough places and the places I need to avoid, so I can get through it safely and stronger. I will pray in preparation of the next mountain with it problems. So I am ready, just like the professional mountain climbers. I am sure when they climbed their first mountain…they were little scared and excited, maybe even shaky. I am sure they had someone teaching them way before that first climb. Preparing them for that climb, before they even climbed it the very first time. I am sure they were not alone and had a guide along side of them coaching them and telling them what to look out for and where to step next, how to get to the top safely. Why should we be any different…with our God? He is our teacher and guide. The mountain climbers, put their trust in their guide and teacher…why shouldn't we do the same with God? We don’t ever have to face our problem alone.
Not ever.

Thank you God for that. That you will never leave us or forsake us. Because of you my troubles pass by me like the waters on a river. You Lord, keep my feet from falling. Your Word lights the path for my feet. If I keep my trust and understanding in you, you will direct my paths. You plan my steps and I am content in your ways. I know God, as I ask for direction from you, you will establish the way for me. God, I can go forward with endurance and strength from your spirit, and not look back.
I can press on to your high calling in my life.
God, I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.
Without your guidance, my ways, are slippery. Lord, watch over my footsteps and keep my paths clear so that I may not slip and fall. You make the way clear under me. When I ask you for mercy and help you keep me from falling and hold me up.
You God, are my Rock and my Refuge. I put my trust in you.
In Jesus name, Amen.

If you want you can pray that prayer too.

Here are some scriptures that go hand in hand with the words I have just written to you. They are God’s promises. His Word is full of them. He keeps His promises too.
Because He loves you.                                          
                                                                               
 Kim Wenrich
 2 Corinthians 5:17
      Psalms 139
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

1 Peter 5 : 7

Romans 8: 37, 38 and 39

Philippians 3:13 and 14

Philippians 4: 13

Deuteronomy 6: 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9

Job 11: 16

Proverbs 4: 26

Proverbs 16: 5 and 6

Psalms
17: 5
18: 35 and 36
32: 23
46: 1
48: 14
73: 8
94: 18 and 22
116: 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
119: 105

No comments:

Post a Comment