Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Lit Path

The Lit Path


This past weekend I had a dear friend over, Nancy. It was a short visit, being she had to get back home, out of state to start her work week. But we may not had quantity time together, we did have quality time. It was precious and valuable time. That is time that matters the most. We shared our Lord together, laughed, cried, ate and loved each other’s hearts. A true gift of time in friendship, with her, our family and God. He was invited too. After she left. I reflected on our time together, our conversations. I will hold those moments in my heart forever. She is such a wonderful spirit. Nancy is sweet and I can see so many wonderful characteristics of God in her life. I see how He is building her more and more in the image of his beauty, he has planned just for her.
While she was here, I told her a story about something I was teaching my son recently. After I told her, she said, “That is a story, you need to write.”

Particularly that one story has not left my mind since she left. So I am going to write it.

In the Holy Bible, Psalm 119: 105 there is a scripture that states:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

About 2 weeks or so ago, my son, Jonathan and I were in the kitchen talking.
That scripture came to mind. This is what I told him.
“Jonathan, you know there is a scripture in the Bible that says God’s Word is a lamp for your path. Do you know what that means?” He said, “no, not really.”
I told him, “ Life is hard Jonathan, God’s Word is our help. It teaches us, guides us and helps us understand how we are to live.” I said, “Son, look in your mind, see a long straight path, it is lit with a bright light, all the way up and down it, to each side of it, all along this path, there are curved off paths that are dark and not straight."
"You get to choose to stay on the path that is lit just for you, or you can take those dark paths. It is your choice. I recommend that you try very hard to stay on the path that you can see your way on. God has that path just for you. It is his plan for you life. Sometimes we get off that path and verge off, making wrong choices, doing wrong things. But you can get on the lit path again. It is there for you. It is your path, to follow God and His ways. His ways are the good ways. To strengthen you, teach you, to help you."
"Jonathan, to know God you have to talk to Him, Read His Word, seek Him in all matters, trust Him. Sometimes you will wonder off on to the dark, unlit paths, God will guide you back, to the right path, that is lit, so you can find your way back. You then need to decide to get on the right path, ask God to forgive you and learn. Do you understand now? "

Jonathan said, “Yes I do mom, thanks.”

I then stood up from the kitchen table and went to the kitchen sink to wash some dishes. It was a very gray day, no clouds or sun. Just drab. There not far from our kitchen window is a path that goes between the cow field and another field to my son’s friend’s house. Between the trees that start the path, from our yard, to across this field, a bright light, like a sun beam lit that path. From start to no end, as far as we could see it go, all the way across the field. No sun, no clouds. My breath caught and I gasped.

I said to Jonathan, “Quick, come here and look out this window and tell me what you see!”

He said, “Mom! I see a path lit.” I said, “Jonathan that is just for you. God is telling you He really wants you to learn from what we were talking about and keep trusting Him.
He has something very special planned for your life. Learn from this son.”

Jonathan, then grabbed his cell phone and ran out side, to take a closer look. I didn’t know it, but he was taking pictures with his phone.

Monday came and I reminded Jonathan about that path we literally saw lit and what I was telling him before we saw it. I told him, I had told Nancy about it, when she was here and I told him I couldn’t get it out of my mind. That she suggested I write that one. I told him, she asked, did we take any pictures of it and I had told her no, we didn’t think of it. He said, “Mom, I took pictures of it with my phone.” I said, “Your kidding!” He said, Really! I have it on my phone.”

I told him, I am going to write the story for Heaven In My Heart, but I don’t know how to put the picture on the blog. So I will get him to download it and e-mail it to you all as soon as I can.

With much love and care,
Kim Wenrich
2 Corinthians 5:17
Psalm 139
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

No comments:

Post a Comment