Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pizza Angel

Pizza Angel



About 10 years ago, when we lived in Ruther Glen , my husband and I had been thinking for sometime about buying a pizza from Pizza Hut. We planned it out, because we had a very strict budget…So we had to save up for 2 weeks for a $10 pizza. We were looking forward to it and talked of it off and on during those 2 weeks. We had no car at this time…..My husband had been working for his dad in construction and it happened that he had his dad’s work truck the week of when we were going to buy the pizza.

The day had come…..we went to Ashland to get our prized pizza. We talked about the pizza on the way. David had preordered it on the phone before we left, so when we got there it would be ready to go.

When we got there, we parked where the front entrance is, because the truck was loaded with tools, I decided it was best for me to sit and wait in the truck to keep an eye on the truck. David got out and went in. Both of us noticed a young man about 20 or so years old sitting on the curb at the front door of the Pizza Hut. I watched David inside the Pizza Hut. I also was watching this man. He had a face that you were drawn to. He had a smile that was so peaceful. An older couple in their late 50’s pulled up beside the truck and I watched them get out. I saw them look at the man intently with turned up noses…He stood up…He looked at them and smiled at them and went inside.

He looked dirty on the back side, like he sat in a lot of places. But his front side, clothes, face and hair were perfectly clean. I heard the older couple say…”can you believe that guy, he needs a bar of soap.” They had a look of disgust. I started to cry and I prayed for him. I said, “God please bless that man today and please provide him food.” The young man went and stood right beside David. I was thinking, “Lord it sure is taking David a long time to get his pizza.”

I could see through the windows David talking to that man. I saw David talking to the person behind the counter. Then after about 10 more minutes. I saw the two of them walk out together, both smiling. The guy had 3 pizza boxes in his hands and sat down on the curb again and begin to eat his food, still smiling. I heard David say to him, “God bless you man.”

David got in the truck with our pizza.
I said to David, what took so long?”
He said, “You see that guy right there?” I said, “yes, I couldn’t help it to see him, there is something about him, that makes me feel something incredible in my heart.”
Before David could continue to tell me more….His eyes filled with tears and needed a moment to continue.

He finally said, “That guy came in and asked that lady, if she had any pizzas no one wanted or that was old that he could have.” She looked at him and sharply said, No.” and then I said, “Hey wait a minute, give him mine.” “He can have my pizza.” She looked at me and back at the man and said, “Well I do have a few pizzas that have been sitting here for an hour no one came to pick up, he can have those. “ So the man walked out with 3 pizzas and David with ours.
David then said, “you know, I asked him, where was he going.” He said, he was going south and going fishing.”

We left there…wondering just who he really was…because when we looked back, he was gone…no where to be seen. In a minute, just not there.
We began to cry and thanked God together for that wonderful opportunity and blessing to experience something deep and profound.
There is scripture in the Bible that says, that we will entertain angles unaware.

Hebrews 13: 1 and 2
1 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(Show hospitality to strangers, you may be entertaining angels without even knowing it)
(Love others with your heart and show it)

(Jesus said when you have give to someone else, you have done it unto Him.)
Matthew 25: 35 and 36
35 For I was hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 25: 37 through 40
37 Then the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee a hungred, and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Kim Wenrich
2 Corinthians 5 :17
Psalms 139
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

No comments:

Post a Comment