Monday, September 20, 2010

IT MATTERS

IT MATTERS


I have a face book profile. I like going on face book from time to time. I get to see pictures of my loved ones and friends and read what might being going on in their lives and see what their interests are. Mostly, I love to read their inspiring quotes and about how awesome God is in their lives. They will write scriptures based on what has been spoken to their heart. Send links to other cool inspiring things to look at. It is like a life line…I don’t know if they know, but when others look at what they post on there, it enters the mind, heart and soul. It matters.


One of my friends, Marcy, sent me a rose…a red rose on line. I was to click on it to accept it. Marcy didn’t know what was going on in my life at that moment…how I was feeling…but I needed her thoughtfulness of me at that moment. By sending that to me, she was telling my heart… “Kim, I love you and I am thinking of you at this moment.” It meant a lot to me.

Our words can be life giving…even our little acts of kindness, they can be a comfort, teaching, uplifting, touching, loving and thoughtful.
Our words can also be used to hurt, damage and destroy.

As children of God we are to be encouraging and life givers. Not life takers.
You can take a life, by killing the spirit. We can do that with our words.
Words are so important, written or spoken. 
Words can give life and healing…or press down and steal from the inside of someone‘s soul.
It matters.
There are people that rob…they go into someone’s house in the night, they break the window open or the door and take the owner’s prized possessions. They leave those owners disoriented, hurt and afraid. Maybe even angry.

This same thing can be done to an person’s heart…we could break in forcibly through their soul and steal valuable things from their heart. By telling them mean spirited things about their character, who they are, what they feel. By writing messy things to them as well.

Our silence can also be just as devastating.
If you know someone is hurting, sad, in need of an encouraging word, you should be love to them.

We are called to be comforters, encouragers, helpers of others. God is very aware if you are a life taker or a life giver. It matters to Him what you said or wrote and how it effects others.

We are to be protectors of each other’s heart. Not by our own standards either. But by a higher calling. That higher calling is Love and gentleness, kindness and thoughtfulness.

The Holy Bible has much to say on this subject as well. About our words and actions. They don’t just matter to each of us….they matter to God.

Let me tell you a story…that truly happened.


First I will tell you what just happened the other day. I was at the computer and decided to take a look at face book. I looked at my profile for a little bit. I reflected on who my friends are on my profile and my links and their links to me. I read what everyone wrote on the news feed. I reread what I had written in my personal profile. Things that I put on there about what I liked, what I thought, my favorite things, who I am. I then took a look at my list of friends. I became grateful for my list of friends…they all love God and their lives reflected that and what they wrote on the news feed reflected their love for Him and others.

I then saw a link to a “I love Jesus” link from one of the friends…I clicked on the link.
It instantly posted to my profile and then I looked at my profile. Off to the side under my picture were the words, “I love Jesus.” I thought, “Someone is going look at my profile and think I am a religious nut.” “Everything about me on this face book is centered around Jesus.
I wondered if I should have clicked on that…"after all people who know me, know I love Jesus."

I then saw a link to The Ten Commandments. A link to click weather I liked it or not.
So I clicked I liked it. Then I saw it posted to the news feed. I didn’t realize that would happen. I just thought it would just be a added link to my profile. I then wondered what others may think about me.
I don’t want others to think I am “so religious” and then feel like that I can’t be an encouragement to them to know God’s love for them, through my life.
I have heard once…“don’t be so religious, that you may become no earthly good.”
I never quite understood that. Because honestly, I don’t consider myself religious.
I consider myself in a loved filled and wonderful relationship with God.
I guess maybe being no earthly good are the ones that have those cults or kill others in the name of their God. I would consider that being no earthly good for sure.

My point is, I went to bed thinking about my profile and about what was on it.
That morning, before the dawn, while it was still dark I awoke from a dream I had.
I want to tell you about it.

I dreamt, I saw the Holy Spirit, in person form. Beautiful skin, perfect tone, couldn’t tell you what race…just a perfect color, not white, black, brown, yellow, or red. I couldn’t tell you distinctly if the Holy Spirit is male or female, it didn’t seem to matter.

I will say He, because the Holy Spirit is God’s spirit. God is our Heavenly Father.
Father means male.
God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, are 3 in 1.

I am in no way saying I saw God. Just to get that out there. It was a dream.
I am sure, though the person represented in my dream was the Holy Spirit.
Make out of it whatever it means to you.

Anyway, His hair was long and every strand of hair glowed a beautiful fire color. But not like the color of fire like we know.
I then saw my face book page in my dream. I saw all the good things on it. All that others have written and what I have written on it.
He then said, “It is not about you, It is about Me.”
In this dream, I thought…”what does that mean?”
I heard Him say, “It is all about Me in your life. All that concerns you, concerns Me. Everything about you, is about Me.”
I woke up after that…..

This dream stayed with me through out the day.
The story continues…

It is Sunday and we went to church.
That afternoon my son, was to go to his first meeting at the church for his age group.
Previously he had told the Pastor he played the electric guitar and was interested in playing with the band.
He remembered the Pastor told him he wanted Jonathan to learn a song on the guitar for the worship team. So he went to the Pastor after church to ask him about it. The Pastor took him to the band leader and “hooked him up.”
The band leader took his information and burned him a cd of the song he wanted him to learn to play and told him, he would call him about coming in on Wednesday night to play it during rehearsal to hear how he does.

Well, that band leader don’t know this, but talking to Jonathan about possibly letting him play with the band and then handing him that cd of the song to learn…was like handing him a most prized treasure. It set Jonathan’s heart on fire.

He got in the car and said, “Mom, I don’t want to disappoint you, but I am not going to the youth meeting tonight. I just can’t tonight. I just don’t want to.”
Well, that upset me. I told him, “Jonathan, come on man, you gotta go.” “You will probably meet some really cool people and make some great friends.”
My husband said, “Don’t push him.” “Let him make up his own mind about it.”
I didn’t realize until later, the reason why he didn’t want to go.

As soon as Jonathan got home…he listened to that song the band leader gave him, a couple of times.
Then I heard him playing his guitar to it.
He had got it down.
He practiced and practiced. He sounded good.

My husband said, “That is why he wanted to stay home tonight.”

Jonathan wants to get involved with the band.
If he gets in…he will be meeting with them on Wednesday nights.
I am still praying he will decide to attend the youth group too.

But see here, what I am saying, the Pastor took the time to see to it Jonathan was lead to the right person, not knowing what fire burned in his heart.  Then that band leader took the time, to talk to Jonathan and follow through on what burns in Jonathan’s heart.
They didn’t say, “get back with me later and we will talk. They didn't just forget about Jonathan and put him off. They took care of him right then and there.

This made the flame in his heart light bigger and brighter.

For a long while we had been talking to Jonathan about how important it was for him to be reading Proverbs in his Bible. That even if he read just one a day…it would be really good for him, because it is wise instruction for him as a young man growing into a man.

Later that night, we noticed it was really quite in his room. That was unusual. Because when Jonathan is in his room, all he does is play his guitar or listen to music and play his guitar to the music. About an hour later, Jonathan comes into our room and stands in our door way.

He just stands there and is quite for a few seconds. We ask him, “What’s up son?” “Why have you been so quite in your room?”

He runs over and grabs his dad around the neck…and says, “Dad, I am so sorry for not listening to you before now. You were right, I really need to read my Bible and read Proverbs. I was in my room reading it. I finally understand.”

His dad was overjoyed. He said, “Son, go get your Bible and share with me what you read.”

Jonathan ran to go get his Bible and my husband got his. We all sat together, as Jonathan read what he learned. He had read Proverbs chapter 7 and chapter 8.

He said, “What is so neat is, when I read this tonight it was like it was alive and I was reading a story I could see in my mind. I completely understood it.”

We told him that God was teaching him and drawing him to great things of Him and that God had something very special planned for his life and needed to keep doing good and seeking God.

What is really interesting as well is, the Pastor that morning did mention to the teens, that even though they think they know everything, listen to what your parents say to you. They really know more and can give it to you straight. He also said to everyone, that others should know if you are a Christian just by looking at your life.

Before Jonathan went to bed, I took that opportunity to tell him about my dream.
I said, “Jonathan are you ever concerned about what you write on face book and what others think about you and your being a Christian?” He said, “Yes mom, I have been.”

I told him about my dream. He said, “Mom that has helped me a lot, to know that everything that concerns my life is about Jesus.”

Right after this time together. My son, called up 2 of his friends, that he had been talking to a lot recently and talked to them about Jesus…Read to them scriptures from the Bible about God’s great love and what Jesus did for them. And then, asked them would they like to ask Jesus into their hearts.

I walked in while he was talking them and saw him on phone, his eyes closed and heard him saying, “If you mean this and really want Jesus in your heart, repeat this prayer with me.” I heard him leading them in prayer of salvation.

I ran into my room, where my husband was and quietly yelled, “He is in there! On the phone! Leading his friends to Jesus! Praying with them!”

My honey, just teared up and thanked God.

None of us are perfect…that is why we keep trying, keep praying, keep reading His Word and keep seeking His face for our lives. We need Him.

Our words matters, our choices matters, what we feel, believe and all that is about us matters. Every detail of your life matters. Your life affects others and that matters to God and you matter to God.

Kim Wenrich
2 Corinthians 5:17
Psalms 139
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

No comments:

Post a Comment