Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Shoes

THE SHOES

                                            
                                              
                             
Trusting God is a wonderful thing to do…He comes through for you in profound and beautiful ways.

Specifically designed in your behalf. It is personal moment. He is personal. You are everything to Him. This God is Perfect and He carries you in His Perfect Heart.

I love to see His Love and care in action in my life, in my family, and in the lives of others. I pray constantly for the eyes of my heart to be open, so I can see Him. I love to be looking out for what God is doing.

Whenever we need something, we pray about it. We ask God to provide it in His way and we make our hearts ready for however He answers those prayers and those needs for our lives. We take it seriously to pray about everything. Everything.

Recently my son, Jonathan and I went to a Thrift store.
I was looking for some deals for summer clothes for my family.
One of the places I like to go to is, The Mercy House Thrift Store, for clothes.

                                               
As I made my plans…I also prayed about it and then when the day came, I prayed over that day and asked God to bless us and to help me find the perfect items for each of us.

When we first got there we looked at the shoe section…I found a couple of good pair of summer shoes for myself. I told Jonathan to look too, just in case we could find something cool for him as well. He took a look and told me, there was nothing for him and walked away.

I went about looking at the clothes then.

God totally blessed our time there and I found such wonderful things for us all.

So about an hour later, we were ready to leave. I headed toward the register and I told Jonathan to go look one more time at the shoe section, to see if they had put anything out since we were first there. They had not. So we got in line to check out.

I noticed Jonathan looking at a boy about 11 or 12 years old in line directly behind us, ready to check out as well.

I looked at what Jonathan was seeing.

The boy had in his hands a brand new pair of beautiful Nikes High Top Sneakers, they still had a new retail price tag on them. In between his fingers was a one dollar bill. The shoes were very eye catching. They were the nicest shoes I have seen in a long time. They were orange, green and gold.

Jonathan nudged me and said, “Mom, look at what that boy has in his hands.”
I had already noticed. (God was at work)

I said to Jonathan in amazement, “How did he get those, we checked back there twice and they never put any shoes out while we were here?”

Here is what literally happened.

When Jonathan walked away, that boy walked up to the shoe section, with his dollar in his hand and at the same time, a man came from the back with those shoes and set them on the shelf in front of him and walked away.”
The boy’s eyes got really big and he grabbed the shoes and held them to his chest.

I knew God had done that, just for that boy…He needed those shoes…those were perfect for him…just his size and most likely the colors he liked the most. Those shoes were put there for him and him only.
God provided those for him.
                                                                
                                                         
As that thought flashed in my mind…Jonathan turned to me and said, “Mom, God gave him those shoes, they were meant for him.”

Tears stung both of our eyes as we let the truth of the moment enter our hearts with gratefulness to our Beautiful God. We left out of there with joy in our hearts for that young man and of a God that is Perfect in all His ways toward us.

Oh and guess what?!  As we were checking out...the lady behind the register told us, for that day, everything in the store was half price!  That's right.  We got our purchase for half off and that boy....He got those beautiful God given shoes for .50 cents! 
Check out these scriptures!
James 1:17
Psalm 37:3-7
Psalm 20:4-5


Kim Wenrich
2 Corinthians 5:17
Psalms 139
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

No comments:

Post a Comment