Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Than A Song

MORE THAN A SONG



I have been feeling The Lord move on my heart to write a new story for you all.

I have been praying and asking His covering over it and to reveal to my heart what He wanted me to write. To bless me with His words, so that He may be honored in my writing for Him. I have asked Him to bless your hearts in your reading of this, so that you may know how much He loves you and cares for you. So you may know how precious you are to Him.

This story came to my mind, during a conversation I was having with my husband. As I retold him this story…I could feel the full impact of the working of the Holy Spirit in this and I began to weep. Feeling the raw touch of my Lord still on my heart as if it all just happened yesterday.


This is a true story. It really happened.

First let me set the stage and give you a little history that leads to what happened.

Some years ago, I was director and teacher for The Children’s ministry at a Church we were attending for years. This ministry was for the children that were 3, 4, 5 and K’s. There were upwards of about 150 children at times. We had a wonderful ministry team as well. Their hearts were so pure and so full of joy for these children. God really blessed this ministry with so much goodness. We would all look forward to Sunday, just to be with the children and teach them God’s great stories and show Jesus love to them.

I had decided with prayer, to add worship to the morning. Taking time, to gather all the children together to sing a few songs to Jesus. The team leaders were on board. So we went right into praying and planning together.

I particularly took “great pride” in this. I was so excited and couldn’t wait for our first gathering to sing to God with the children.

That first Sunday was arriving soon. I had let everyone know, what songs we would sing, so they could prepare as well…I had the music picked out and the cd player ready at the door of my home…to grab as I went out that Sunday morning. I had envisioned how we would all meet in the huge foyer and get in a big circle holding tiny hands and singing to Him with our whole hearts.

After story and craft time…it was time to get everyone together…

As we got the children out in the Foyer and we all got in our circle and held hands…we said a little prayer and then we were ready to sing…

But there was no music, no cd player….I forgot it all. It was all still sitting inside the door of my house.

I was upset with myself. I said to the leaders, “I forgot the music and the music player!”

I said in my heart, “God I can not believe I did this! After all this planning for them to sing in worship to You, I forgot the music!”

One of the leaders said to me, “Kim, what do you want to do now?”

I said, “We will sing….Jesus Loves Me.”

As I said that, I looked at the faces of those little ones and saw pure joy on each tiny face as they heard me announce that song.
                                                                     
                                                                     
                                               Smiles lit up everywhere!                                           

They sang that song with their whole hearts….pouring out the words like sweet honey. Joy began to fill each of us as those little babes sang with their whole hearts. They got louder and louder with each verse! All in unison! Oh how beautiful they sounded!

All at once, I heard Him…right in the middle of their song…
                                                                         ”I accept their worship.” 
                                                 
                                                                                          
                                                                                    
              
I said, “Yes Lord.” “I understand.”

Later, our Youth Pastor came to me and told me he could hear them little voices singing all the way in the gym where the elementary kids were. He said they sounded so beautiful…that everyone just suddenly stood still and quite to listen. There were 300 kids his group! And they all were quite to hear the little ones sing to our Great God! Do you understand this?!? 300 elementary children, stood still and quite to hear the singing of babes!

I gave that a lot of thought later, when I got home…

I reflected on how loud the elementary kids always are…in everything they did in their “church time” with the Youth Pastor. The only time they were usually quite was during the time the Pastor was telling them their lesson. Even then, we could hear them all in our classes. We always heard the elementary kids. We just learned to tune them out. But that day…I remembered, there was an unusual quietness, during the time the little ones sang Jesus Loves Me with their whole hearts!

When the complete understanding of that morning dawned into my heart…I became so overwhelmed by it all, I fell to my knees in humble awe and thankfulness of God’s beauty in it all and the sweet lesson He taught my heart.     
                                    


                                   God taught me a lot that day! I will never forget it.
                                                        
                                 I never did use that music or that cd player after that.

Kim Wenrich
 Psalms 139
2 Corinthians 5:17
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

1 comment:

  1. nancyfenti8@juno.comMay 12, 2011 at 6:30 AM

    Beautiful story and good reminder to worship God with such purity and that is what God wants from us. Thank you Kim for your ministry. I love you.

    ReplyDelete