Thursday, October 28, 2010

God Wants to Date His Girls




God Wants to Date His Girls








The Other day, I was talking with my husband about writing a new story in this blog. I have been praying for 2 weeks for God to bless me with a story to write.
It has been a constant prayer during this time. The more I talked to God about it, each day, I felt more of a stirring in my heart…When I talked to my husband about it, he said, “Do you remember that story you wrote about your date with God?” I said, “Yes, what about it?” He said, “I have never got that story out of my mind, I think about it all the time and that story makes me feel special to God.”

I thought on what he had said for a couple days.
While still praying.

Tuesday night, at Bible study…In The book we are using called, How To Find God, the leader of our group was talking about the subject of God’s Spirit will empower your witness. As I casually dropped my eyes over a side section of the page in the book, pertaining to that, I read;

“God didn’t give us the power of the Holy Spirit to feel something, but to accomplish something. Sometimes the Holy Spirit’s power acts like dynamite in our lives, blasting us with zeal, jolting us out of complacency, and motivating us to greater spiritual growth. At other times God’s Spirit is like a dynamic, generating power that Will help us live from day to day at a level we could not achieve on our own.”

This spoke mountains to me.

I felt encouraged. The one thing I ask God for concerning writing for Him in this blog, is encouragement. He knows I need that. Discouragement to me feels like I am sick. Like I am coming down with a bad cold, before it is an actual cold. I hate that feeling.

So I prayed that God would empower me with His Holy Spirit to make that passage of that book alive in me.

God did more than that…because that is how He is. He got in my heart and did a little work on His girl.

The Leader also asked, how do you guard your time with God, because God values your time? Does the activities I choose to do build me up spiritually? She said, to pray to be more sensitive to the things in your life that God is leading you away from or to.
I heard her loud, like trumpets and symbols blowing and banging inside me.

 I prayed some more. I decided, I will really try to put those words into action in my life. Not let the knowledge just rest in my heart, but live it out personally.

So this week…I am not going to watch any TV or DVD that does not reflect goodness. I will not watch shows that are disrespectful of Him, His creation, or others. Shows that gossip or that are disrespectful of the human body in anyway. I will not allow myself to set my eyes on things that disrespect morals and values.
Music either. I will listen only to music that edifies my spirit and draws me to His side and the knowledge of His ways for my life.
If I go to the store, that means being on guard as well.

I told my husband and son about this…They said, “Oh boy!” “You are not going to believe what you have really been seeing and hearing.”

So, I may have been desensitized to little things. Like a passing comment on “a good show or DVD” that actually is harmful, or disrespectful. Maybe even blasphemous to God and against the Character of God.

I am asking God to make me sensitive to the things in my life, surrounding my life, things I have allowed to be snuck into in my life without my even realizing it.
I am asking God to open my eyes to see and my ears to hear. To make my spirit sensitive and strong.

God has been talking to my heart for sometime to have a date with Him. Funny thing is when my husband brought up the story I had written about my date with God…I had already been thinking about, how I really need to have a special date with God, like I used to. I had got away from it…I let life, sickness and every excuse get in the way. I may have forgotten, but God hasn’t. He loves time with us. Real time. Quality, heartfelt, prepared time. He wants to date His Girls.

Last Sunday, the Pastor at our church said something that stirred deep emotions of a memory; The Pastor pointed his finger out toward the congregation and he said,
“Men, you need to date your daughters.”
"They need to know how special they are to you. Tell them they are beautiful. Hold the door open for them. Open the car door for them and shut it for them. Hug them. Talk to them. Be there for them.” “This will keep them for searching out the wrong kind of love. Because the found the right kind of love with you.”

The truth of what he said, struck me in my being like shooting arrows. I instantly felt tears spring to my eyes. I wanted to just lay down on the floor in a heap and weep.

You see, God spoke directly to me, when he said that.

I instantly saw myself on that special date I had with God some time ago.

The feelings, the planning, the anticipation, the love, the excitement, the closeness. Me and My Heavenly Father. No intrusions. Just me and Him.

During that time with My God, I laughed, I cried, I talked and danced with Him. I got in His Word. To get to know Him more and to capture in my heart all that He wanted to show me in His Word.

With all this said, I will now write the story of that special date I had with God.

Some of you know about this story and have told me how it has touched you. For those of you that know this story…you may need a reminder. Just like me.

I mean, look back at what I just written, how many times, did He reach out to me to have another date with Him? I had to share this date story again. For you, for me and for those who need to know what you felt.


God Wants to Date His Girls.


Whenever I “Need” specific time with God, I prepare myself.
I prepare like I am going on a date. Only it is at home. I make sure no one will be home during these times, no phones on, no one coming over…This is my special date with God.
I get up early, clean up the house, make it smell good. Light some candles.

My Father and I have a date. I want things to look nice for Him.

I take a shower and fix myself up to look pretty for God during this time I will have with Him.
I look forward to these times and my heart is filled with anticipation.

One time, some time ago, my husband and son were planning a trip to S.C. leaving on a Saturday for the weekend to spend time with his sister, Esther and her family. I decided that when they are gone, I could have some good, quality alone time with My Heavenly Father.

I couldn’t wait for the weekend. The week seemed to drag by so slow. Finally the day arrived for them to be on their way. I did everything I could to get them going, I even put their bags in the car for them, the night before.
I cleaned out the car and vacuumed it. Because my husband likes to do that before he goes on any trip and always waits to the last minute to do it, so I thought, I would get a step ahead of him and get it done for him, so they can be on their way more quickly.

That Saturday morning I kissed them, watched them get in the car, with a smile on my face, saying to myself quietly, “hurry up and go already, “  as I am waving goodbye to them. I have plans with God.
As I saw them drive out of sight, I turned my full attention to having time with God. I got the whole weekend this time.

I treasured every single moment. I read my Bible a lot that weekend. I had learned that if you want to get to know God, there are 3 things that you must do. Read His Word. Talk to Him. Allow Him to Work in your life.
I asked the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of my heart and that when I read His Word that I would have understanding. I asked Him to make it alive in me as I read.
I found out that, the Bible is Holy Spirit inspired and is God breathed. That it is alive and deep. I wanted to feel what that meant. So I asked the Holy Spirit to give that experience to me as I read. When I read this time…it was different.

It felt like the words were coming right off the pages and straight into my heart. I was receiving it, like water for a thirsty flower. As I read, I felt each word, move within me. I could feel the words breath into my heart, my very being. I was so grateful and I prayed that the words I read would never leave me. I have read the Bible before, many times, and I have never felt that way before.

During my date with God, I didn’t talk to him with my thoughts, inside myself….I talked to Him out loud. I told Him anything and everything I wanted to share with Him. I expressed how I felt about Him. What I thought about what I have learned about Him. My Desires, hopes, dreams. Things that caused me stress. Things I needed to work on in my life. I talked to Him about my family and friends.

I turned on worship music, I loved on Him, raised my hands high, got on my face flat, danced for Him. I blew a kiss to Him and reached out like I was hugging Him. I told Him how much I loved Him and appreciated His promises in my life.

It was our time.
I valued this time. This moment.
I told God, thank you for letting me experience Him in a whole new wonderful way.

That weekend is deep seeded in my heart. I got to be alone with my Heavenly Father for a whole weekend. I felt like a princess. Like there was no one else, but Him and I. We shared so much that weekend.

It is not embarrassing or foolish to spend time with God. Be your complete self. He loves you unconditional. Hold nothing back. Make plans to spend time with your Heavenly Father, with no distractions…it feels good to make plans to do this and builds up anticipation.

You’re his Pretty Princess and your Father wants time with you. He has a place of honor for you, by His side.


Kim Wenrich
2 Corinthians 5:17
Psalms 139
heaveninmyheart1@yahoo.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girls-Most-Honorable-and-Beautiful-Among-All-Women/248867505178819

No comments:

Post a Comment